In today's episode, we talk with Toni Wiese, the Associate Director of Communications and Marketing at the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS), about the Elevate FCS campaign. Toni shares the purpose of the campaign and how people can get involved in promoting the field of FCS. She also discusses the resources and materials provided by the campaign, and how FCS FRIDAYS connect to the larger Elevate FCS movement. Tune in to learn more about Elevate FCS and how you can be a part of promoting and elevating the field of FCS!
• Tell me about the over purpose of the campaign? The Elevate FCS campaign is a nationwide effort to raise awareness and recognition for the field of Family and Consumer Sciences (FCS) and the professionals who work in it. The campaign aims to showcase the diverse career opportunities available within FCS, as well as the impact that FCS professionals have on individuals, families, and communities.
• How can people get involved in the campaign? There are several ways that people can get involved in the Elevate FCS campaign. One way is by sharing their own FCS story on social media using the hashtag #ElevateFCS. Additionally, individuals can support the campaign by attending FCS events, advocating for FCS programs in their communities, and engaging with FCS professionals and organizations.
• Is it just for members of the association? While the campaign is led by the American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences (AAFCS), it is not limited to AAFCS members. Anyone who is interested in promoting and elevating the field of FCS is encouraged to participate.
• What resources and/or materials are provided? Where can they be accessed? The Elevate FCS campaign provides a variety of resources and materials for individuals and organizations to use in promoting FCS. These include social media graphics, flyers, fact sheets, and more. These resources can be accessed on the AAFCS website.
• How do the FCS FRIDAYS connect into ELEVATE FCS? FCS FRIDAYS is a key component of the Elevate FCS campaign. FCS FRIDAYS is a weekly social media event where individuals and organizations share FCS-related content using the hashtag #FCSFridays. This content can include FCS success stories, resources, and other FCS-related information. FCS FRIDAYS help to promote and elevate the field of FCS on a regular basis, and connect with the larger Elevate FCS campaign to create a collective voice for the field.
CONNECT WITH Toni Wiese
•AAFCS Website: https://www.aafcs.org/home
•Elevate FCS Webpage: https://www.aafcs.org/elevatefcs
•Elevate FCS Library: https://www.aafcs.org/myaafcs1/communities/community-home/librarydocuments?LibraryKey=8a20396d-3825-4ad6-bf43-f13b611314fe
•FCS Fridays Page: https://www.aafcs.org/elevatefcs/fcs-friday
CONNECT WITH BARBARA:
• FCS Podcast: https://fcspodcast.com
• FCS Tips: https://www.fcstips.com
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ConnectFCSed
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/ConnectFCSed
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/connectfcsed
• Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/connectfcsed
• Tik Tok: https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdhKwFKc/